KEEPER EXPERIENCE GIVEAWAY (Bear Den Visit)
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Sponsor: The sponsor of the “Keeper of the Maine Outdoors Experience – Maine Bear Den Visit” giveaway (the “Giveaway”) is the Maine Department of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife, 284 State St, Augusta, Maine 04330 (the “Sponsor”).Administrator: The independent administrator of the Giveaway is Rinck Advertising, 113 Lisbon Street, Lewiston, Maine, 04240 (the “Administrator”).
- Dates of the Giveaway: The Giveaway takes place from 12:00:01 p.m. Eastern Time on October 3rd, 2021 through 11:59:59 a.m. Eastern Time on October 17th, 2021 (the “Giveaway Period”). The Administrator’s computer is the official clock for the Giveaway. All entries must be received by Sponsor within the Giveaway Period.
- Acceptance of Official Rules: By entering, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these official Giveaway rules (the “Official Rules”).
- Eligibility: No purchase or payment is necessary to enter or win this Giveaway. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. The Giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older at the time of Giveaway entry. All entries must include a valid email address for the entrant and entrant may use only one email address to enter. Entrants who create and/or use multiple email addresses will be ineligible. Employees of Sponsor and its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, partners, advertising or promotion agencies, retail partners, and prize donors, and family members (spouse, parents, children and siblings and their spouses) and individuals living in the same household of such employees are ineligible. Entries are limited to individuals only: commercial enterprises and business entities are not eligible. THE GIVEAWAY IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW and is subject to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- How to Enter: To enter, visit Sponsor’s promotional website at www.keeperofthemaineoutdoors.org (the “Website”) and complete the Keeper of the Maine Outdoors Experience Giveaway quiz and filling out every required field in the entry form. Once the entrant has successfully entered the Giveaway, they will receive an on-screen notification confirming that the entry has been received. All requested information on the entry form at the Website must be completed to enter and to be eligible to win. Or submit a photo from the Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife photo booth experience at the Fryeburg Fair (October 3rd-10th) tagging #KeeperOfMe and tagging @mefishwildlife. These are the only two methods of entries permitted.Limit one (1) entry per person. Incomplete entries will not be considered. Duplicate entries by the same person will NOT be accepted. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Giveaway.
- Use of Entrant’s Provided Information:Entrants are providing information to Sponsor. Sponsor uses third parties to help administer this Giveaway. Such third parties will have access to entrant’s personal information to help administer this Giveaway. All entries, and all legal rights and interests in them, including the rights of copyright, are the exclusive property of Sponsor, who reserves the right to edit, adapt, copyright, publish, transfer and use any or all of them, or any portion of them, in all media worldwide, including the Internet, without compensation to entrant or any third party and entries will not be acknowledged or returned. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to the release of any of winner’s entry information, including but not limited to winner’s first name, last name, and location, and any such information may be posted and publicly available on the Website or used for publicity purposed, where permitted by law.
- Prize: Grand Prize. One (1) Grand Prize Experience (“Grand Prize”) will be awarded. The Grand Prize Experience is an opportunity for one (1) winner to attend one (1) private visit to a Bear Den with the Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife staff. The winner can bring one (1) individual, who must be 18 years of age or older, to attend the bear den visit. The Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife will provide the winner with bear den locations to choose from. Transportation and lodging expenses and incidentals, such as meals, beverages, tips, and other items of a personal nature are not included. Limit one (1) Grand Prize per person.
Please note: The retail value of the Grand Prize is unknown since this experience is one-of-a-kind, and provides access that is not available to the general public at any price.
- Awarding of Prizes: The potential Grand Prize winner will be selected by random drawing by authorized personnel of Sponsor on or about Thursday, October 28, 2021 from among all eligible entries received. The Grand Prize winner is subject to verification, including verification of age. Receiving the prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. The potential winner will be contacted via email to the email address under which the entry was made and must respond within three (3) days of the sending of the email to them. If the potential winner cannot be contacted or fails to respond within such time, or is disqualified for any reason, the prize is forfeit and Sponsor will award the prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries for the applicable Giveaway Period. The return of any prize notification as undeliverable or any other noncompliance with these Official Rules may result in forfeiture of the prize. Following verification of the winner, Sponsor will provide the winner with information on how to collect the prize, including a schedule of eligible dates and locations for the Grand Prize Experience. All applicable federal, state, and local taxes as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use are the responsibility of the winner. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
- Prize Restrictions; Use of Name/Voice/Likeness: The Grand Prize is not transferable, redeemable for cash, or exchangeable for any other prize, unless specifically permitted under these Official Rules. Unless expressly prohibited by law, acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and Administrator to use the name, voice, and/or likeness (photo, videotape or film) and basic personal information of the prize winner in any media now known or hereafter developed, for purposes of advertising and promotion, including posting on Sponsor’s and Administrator’s websites, worldwide and in perpetuity, without further compensation. The winner has one (1) year from the end of the Giveaway Period to redeem the Grand Prize Experience.
- Odds of Winning: The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Giveaway Period.
- Conditions of Participation: Persons who are found and/or determined to have violated any term of these Official Rules, gained unfair advantage in participating in the Giveaway, or obtained winner status using fraudulent means, will be immediately disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, illegal, disruptive, annoying, harassing, or threatening behavior is prohibited and will also result in immediate disqualification. The Sponsor will interpret these Official Rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims, or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Giveaway and the Sponsor’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If for any reason the Giveaway is not capable of being conducted as described in these Official Rules, Sponsor shall have the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Giveaway. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized holder of the email account. All decisions will be made by the Sponsor and are final in all respects. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who violates these Official Rules or applicable law, tampers with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway, engages in any conduct detrimental to Sponsor, Administrator, the Giveaway or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion), to lock out any individual whose eligibility is in question, and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend these Giveaway at any time. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE GIVEAWAY IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE; THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK FROM ANY SUCH PERSON DAMAGES AND ANY OTHER REMEDIES AVAILABLE TO THE SPONSOR TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Release: Unless prohibited by law, each participant (also referred to herein sometimes as “entrant”) in the Giveaway hereby releases the Sponsor, Administrator, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, and agents from any and all liabilities, losses, damages, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Giveaway or arising or resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, participation in the Giveaway and any participation in any activity relating to the Giveaway, including without limitation any and all injuries, loss, harm, damage of any kind to person or property, including death, and claims based on publicity rights, privacy, or defamation. Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, damaged, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, or garbled entries or emails, or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet service provider, website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Giveaway, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Giveaway, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize winner’s prize or in any Giveaway-related materials. Upon the occurrence of any of the foregoing, Sponsor reserves the right to rescind, revoke, or terminate the Giveaway without liability or recourse at its sole discretion.
- Limitation of Liability: IN NO EVENT WILL THE SPONSOR, ADMINISTRATOR, THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR RESPECTIVE ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO ENTRANTS’ ACCESS AND SUBMISSION TO, AND USE OF THE GIVEAWAY AND/OR THE PRIZE THAT IS AWARDED UNDER THE GIVEAWAY. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES. IN THOSE JURISDICTIONS, THESE PROVISIONS SHALL BE ENFORCED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- Disclaimer of Warranties: THE GIVEAWAY AND THE PRIZE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction: This Giveaway is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant in connection with this Giveaway, are governed by, and shall be construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of Maine, U.S.A., without giving effect to its conflict of laws rules. Any dispute arising in connection with the Giveaway will be adjudicated solely in the courts situated in the state of Maine.
- Winners’ List: Prize winner’s name will be made available by mail upon written request to Administrator at the address below. Please include a stamped, self-addressed return envelope and mail your request by November 30, 2021 to “Keeper Experience” Giveaway Administrator: Rinck Advertising, 113 Lisbon Street, Lewiston, Maine, 04240.